1751896 Members
5180 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

L&TT wont install

Bruce Ellefritz
Occasional Contributor

L&TT wont install

The last two verions of L&TT wont install. It starts the install process and toward the end of copying files, it rolls everything back and report the installation was interrupted, install at a latter time. The older system is running Win2K3 SP2 x86, the newer system is Win2K3 SP2 x64.

First I thought it was because we are using STORPORT but the 4.5 version documentation states STORPORT is supported. Is there any logs I can look at? MSIInstaller just notes the install failed. Any ideas why this won't install?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Storage> General to Tape Libraries and Drives. -HP Forum Moderator

2 REPLIES 2
Eric de Lange (MSE)
Valued Contributor

Re: L&TT wont install

HI Bruce,

I am sure you checked whether there is enough space to install L&TT on the disk and that there are no Data Execution Prevention issues on the system ? (this sometimes bites when installing remotely).

The alternative would be to try and see if HP L&TT runs from USB/CDROM as described in the manual:
http://bizsupport.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01296666/c01296666.pdf

I am not sure about what log files are available to troubleshoot the issue. You may want to ask the developers via: LTT.team@hp.com

hope this brings light into in the dark.

Kind regards,
-Eric
Bruce Ellefritz
Occasional Contributor

Re: L&TT wont install

When I tried to install from the local drive and from the USB I watched the progress carefully (both ways failed). It was failing while registering components. We have a pretty tight group policy, so I removed the machine from the domain so that the GP was removed. Installation succeeded after that. Thanks for the assitance.