3075 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: LTT 4.2.0.0-4 & SuSe 10.2

tultalk
Frequent Advisor

LTT 4.2.0.0-4 & SuSe 10.2

Hi:

Installed hpltt 4.2.0.0-4 using -force since it did not "like" 10.2. Does not seem to work.

Should it?

Thanks

Best regards
3 REPLIES 3
LTT Team
Valued Contributor

Hi,

LTT isn't supported on SuSE SLES 10.2 but it should work fine. What is the error that you receive when using LTT?

The latest is LTT 4.2 SR1a and would recommend using it.During the initial run change the working directory to ├в /opt/ltt├в and then, execute ├в hp_ltt├в binary.

Regards,
Satya (LTT Team)
tultalk
Frequent Advisor

Hi:

I got the SR installed but have another problem higher up the totem pole.

Using ADAPTEC AHA-3944AUWD. When I connect this up to the 892 (1 jumper to DLT0 + terminator and the other to DLT1 with terminator, I no longer see the AHA-3944AUWD during boot and my drive sequence get screwed up so it is trying to boot off a 5300 attached to another tape drive. I then have to go into the BIOS and change it back to boot the 4250 to get linux up again.

I tried taking out the jumper and connecting each SCSI to each DLT (no robot connection) and still the same thing.

I found a comment in this forum from June 4, 2005 in which it was stated (Win2003):

"You just have to go inot your Adaptec BIOS and change the CAM option on your HBA for this library to work".

Any suggestions appreciated.

Best regards

tultalk
Frequent Advisor

Hi:

Disabled BIOS etc in Adaptec and through process of elimination found a bad tape drive that was causing the 3944 not to be seen when the bad drive was attached to SCSI.

Now canablizing several drives to get a replacement that works. Pain in the arse.