StoreEver Tape Storage
1747984 Members
4704 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Locked Door StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader

Bryan Samuels

Locked Door StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader

For some reason, whenever I try to eject a tape from my autloader, it tells me that the door is locked. Why would I get that message if there is no activity in the autloader.
I've tried ejecting the tape while the drive is empty (export tape 3), and when the drive is full (export tape 3 when tape 1 is in loaded).
Can someone tell me how to 'unlock' the door?
3 REPLIES 3
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

Re: Locked Door StorageWorks 1/8 Autoloader

Do you have a mail slot defined on your autoloader? This slot is then used as a entry/exit port.

If not, you've got to remove the tapes yourself.

Kurt
Bob_196
Trusted Contributor

Are you using Backup Exec? (I think this only applies to version 9, but it's worth a shot)

If you are trying to import/export a tape and you get the message 'Door Locked', here's how to resolve the issue. Right-click on the autoloader on the Devices tab in Backup Exec, and select the Unlock option. Apparently this is a 'security' feature in Backup Exec, and when you unlock the device you can import/export to your heart's content!

Happy 'porting!
Seth Pickett
Advisor

There are several applications that can lock the door. If you are using Windows Backup tool go into the Removable Storage area, right click on the autoloader and select door access.