StoreEver Tape Storage
1753287 Members
5535 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

Lto 4 hp rack mount, one of the drive started writing less data (690Gb) in lto4 catridge

paint

Lto 4 hp rack mount, one of the drive started writing less data (690Gb) in lto4 catridge

and also write speed and read speed is reaching only 74 MB/sec

My system is Mac pro. with 16GB ram and quad core intel xeon processor and i am using caldigit raid 5, the lto drive is connected to ATTO h680

can some one help me in this.

2 REPLIES 2
Sebastian.Koehler
Honored Contributor

Re: Lto 4 hp rack mount, one of the drive started writing less data (690Gb) in lto4 catridge

Not sure if this belongs into the Data Protector forum. What software are you using to write to the device? Sounds like the hardware compression is not turned on or you just used the wrong device file for backup. Check out HP LTT http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/qa.html and perform a drive assesment test to see if the drive is ok.

Regards,

Sebastian

paint1
Occasional Contributor

Re: Lto 4 hp rack mount, one of the drive started writing less data (690Gb) in lto4 catridge

hi its me paint, thanks for replying. i am using the bru to read and write to the tape. you asked me to download HP tape tool and check my drive, I downloaded and installed the hp_ltt414_mac.dmp but i dont know where it is getting installed, so i cant open the file.

My mac os is 10.7.1 (does this os support the software?)

is there any way (command) to identify the tape drive model and firmware etc. for updating.