1748158 Members
4129 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MLS5030 hangs after try to access to autochanger

Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

In ioscan you originally provided I see 7.13 = it means that loop-id=7*16+13=125, thus using conversion table alpa=1. Now, in this router output you provided I see alpa=2. Did you already change this value from 1 to 2?
So to have loop-id=1 set alpa=232 (0xE8). After this try ioscan'ing again, uma'ing or mc'ing, and provide us with 'ioscan -fn' and this router output again
Eugeny

I've done that you ask me - see attached file. But it is still doesn't work.
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
I have a library of the same type as you but have not tested it for HP-UX yet, only for Windows and NetWare. The Loop ID can be set from the Storage Router Web console (If you enable hard AL_PA), I use soft ID. One problem I had was the "Default Map" setting, I changed this to Auto assigned.
One thing you could tru is to change the devicefile for the picker to use the sctl driver instead of the schgr. I use this driver on our Unix librays and it is easy to test.

How can I change device driver if system knows that driver "schgr" belongs to class "autoch"?
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Hi,
Remove the current devicefile and create a new
mknod /dev/ c 203 0x........
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

I've got an action plan from our expert:
0. Try running LTT and doing changer tests. Will it work?
1. update library (4.08) and router firmware to the latest;
2. log into router and remap devices: from main menu click mapping, select map, click edit, clear map, then build a map in the following way: LUN 0=NSR E1200, LUN 1=autochanger, LUN 2=drive. Then assign this map to hpux HBA. Reboot the router;
3. clean all old device files for library and router - rmsf;
4. under normal circumstances library should work in fabric. Of course, with direct/hub attach should be in loop (as you have);
5. reboot host and let it boot and create device files; issue ioscan to make sure it is ok and try operating library again
Eugeny

hp_ltt doesn't work properly.
It saw all attached device, but when I select COMPAQ MSL5000 Series (Libraries/Autoloaders) after reading library information I see following:
OC_Exception_c caught: Application Exeption 1020 (Logical Device: non-fatal I/O failure, function will continue)
Press any key to continue
and program exits. But I have normal access to HP Ultrium 1-SCSI - tape drive.

Could you say where I can find firmware for library and SNR? I was looking them into www.hp.com/support, but without result.

I've tried change the LUN IDs on E1200 (NSR) in "index.map",
reboted system for recreating device files, but it doesn't help me. The OS created a lot of device files - see attached file. But there is no autochanger device!

I think something wrong with ID's, but I'm not sure.

Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Alexandre,
now library is identified as disk array (fcparray driver). To solve it please disable SCSI Command Controller (SCC) in the router
Eugeny

I've solved this problem yesterday night! It was my stupid mistake - LIBRARY SCSI ID was set to 2, after changing to default parameter - 0 and with my old "index.map" on NSR E1200 it works properly!.

A lot of thanks for your help!