StoreEver Tape Storage
1752700 Members
6198 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MS Server 2003 with TL891DLX and TL890 - Driver Problems

Joe Frederick_1

MS Server 2003 with TL891DLX and TL890 - Driver Problems

We have an older Proliant Server with a fresh load of 2003 Server. Our backup hardware is a Compaq Storageworks TL891DLX tape library with a TL890 expansion unit. The SCSI card is a Compaq dual channel wide Ultra3 SCSI adapter. I am having issues trying to get the OS to see the devices correctly. In device manager it sees the two tape drives in the library as DLT8000 drives and says the devices are working properly. The expansion unit is seen as just a Compact Storageworks DLT Mini-Libray with an exclamation point. In the details of the device it says that the device cannot be started (Code 10). The driver file it is using is libxprmc.sys which according to some HP documention I ran across, should work with this equipment. I cannot find any other drivers for this hardware and it has been retired by HP. Has anyone else configured this hardware to work in Server 2003? The hardware was functional on a different Proliant server that was running Windows 2000 server. There are no device conflicts and the SCSI IDs are set correctly. Please help!!!
4 REPLIES 4
rich pattison
Trusted Contributor

Re: MS Server 2003 with TL891DLX and TL890 - Driver Problems

Is there any chance that the hardware configuration has changed (even 'slightly')? - for instance, have any SCSI cables been moved around ?.

There's some detail on multi-module configuration in the User Guide>Installation chapter. It would be worth checking this 'just in case'. (If you don't have a copy of the user guide - I could Email one to you).

Rich
Joe Frederick_1

Thank you for responding Rich. Yes it is possible that configurations have changed. We had to phsycally move the servers and swap out the SCSI card. We are having a difficult time location the documention and sftware for this equipment as the employees that originally bought and and used this equipment have be long gone for a few years now and no one was ever trained to replace them. So we are trying to clean up messes we didn't create but got stuck in the middle of. Anything you could email me would be of great help! Thank you!!!
rich pattison
Trusted Contributor

Could be you may have reversed the SCSI buses - tape libraries are a bit sensitive to the order of the devices. The library controller (expansion) should be on the lowest numbered SCSI bus, and have the lowest SCSI ID.

If you post an Email address - I'll send you what manuals I have.

Rich
Joe Frederick_1

Mt email is joe.frederick@dana.com

Thank you so much.

Joe