1752754 Members
5463 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL 5000 library and drive firmware downgrade

Nagori
Advisor

MSL 5000 library and drive firmware downgrade

We have MSL 5026 library with SDLT1 two drives, recently we have upgraded the firmware from 0423 and 75 revision to 0516 and 85 mediachanger and drives respectively, now the backup has became slow after firmware upgrade, now we want to downgrade to previous firmware version how I can do becaseu from LTT tools I donot see any downgrade optin

Azeem
4 REPLIES 4
Frantisek Kysela
Valued Contributor

Re: MSL 5000 library and drive firmware downgrade

Hi Azeem,
downgrade firmware with ltt is possible, but theri is needed password for enablement factory overrides.

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=41540&admit=-682735245+1147596219387+28353475

Frantisek
If anything just cannot go wrong, it will anyway.
Satish M.S.
Valued Contributor

Azeem:

0516 is known to be a stable version. Now you mention that the post firmware updates has caused your backups to degrade/slow down.
Could you kindly tell us as to what is the backup software you are using. Next, if possible run L&TT and perform the drive assessment test and do let us know if the test indicated any warnings/errors.

* Also, are the backups timing out, i.e., failing?

Thanks

Satish
Shanmanz
Occasional Advisor

I have Upgraded all our 5 MSL5026SL libraries to 0516 and 85 and see no performanance degradation. Its something more than just Firmware updates
Michael Richter
Trusted Contributor

i agree with the posting above!
please proof the performance with L&TT Read&Wrtie Test .. check your software configuration, make a backup pre-test

provide us the details

thx