StoreEver Tape Storage
1753872 Members
7601 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL 6000 Supported SCSI adapters

Anders B

MSL 6000 Supported SCSI adapters

Can anyone tell me where to find information on which models of SCSI-adapters that are supported by MSL6000? I've tried to replace my Dell PowerVault (of some kind, can't remember the model no. right now) with a new MLS 6000, but the host machine can't detect it during boot. There is of course the possibility that the library is defect in some way. (or cables...) Anyway, the SCSI adapter is an Adaptec HA-2940 U/UW Dual/AHA-394x AU/AUW/AUWD controller.
3 REPLIES 3
Dave Dewar
Trusted Contributor

Hi

Try the following link:
http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/tapecompatibility.html

This has documents that OS, workstation, server, HBA, ISV software compatibility

Cheers,

Dave Dewar
Anders B

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to bring any solutions to my problem. After having talked to some people about this, I'm starting to think there is a defect either on the cable or the library. I'll have to do some more debugging here.

In any case the SCSI adapter should work with this library. And it works with the power vault.

-a
Ron Sutton
Advisor

Hi,

MSL 6000 supports LVDS SCSI. LVDS allows longer cable lengths (up to 12 meters). The 2940/3940 series is mostly HVDS SCSI. The 2940-U2W is one of their LVDS SCSI HBA's, if you have one and it is supported. If you don't, consider one of the newer HBA's 29160 or 39160 or 29320 if you want to stay with Adaptec. HP has a very good dual channel Ultra 320 card, see our web site.

You should consider a HBA with a newer VHDCI connector (no more bent pins!).

Ron Sutton