6274 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

MSL 6030 replace LTO-2 460 with LTO-4 1840

SystemPro
Occasional Advisor

MSL 6030 replace LTO-2 460 with LTO-4 1840

Hi

Have an old HP MSL 6030 library that has a LTO-2 460 and a FC 2Gbps controller card (271666-001).  Dont use the FC connection today, but SCSI only.

Got a refurbished LTO-4 1840 with supported spare part number, but it came without the tray. Took out the old LTO-2 drive and replaced it with the new LTO-4 by put this in the old tray. All jumpers were the same and cables fitted so it should be a no brainer or what?

Before the swap i checked the firmware was updated and selected replace drive in the front meny, before shutting down the libray. Then started again it came up with a warning it couldnt find a drive. In tape tools the old drive still shows up, but in Windows device manager the new LTO-4 drive is deteced (still using SCSI). Tried routing all through the FC controller, but still same message on the Library.

Do i have to get a 4Gbps FC controller card? I know the SCSI or 2Gbps FC would be saturated, but then looking in old documetation the MSL 6030 could be ordered in SCSI only or with a 4Gbps FC controller. The SCSI controller card seems to be the same through all models so i thought this should work. Any suggestions? 

1 REPLY 1
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: MSL 6030 replace LTO-2 460 with LTO-4 1840

you could try to reset the library to factory defaults. then configure your values again. the 2gbit fc card is likely too slow, but should work.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!