1752848 Members
3665 Online
108790 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL Storage Library does not recognise the right hand magazine

Christina Sigley

MSL Storage Library does not recognise the right hand magazine

Help!
Initially we had a problem with the GUI screen and the control panel board. I have had the replacment parts in and have replaced these. Now the library does not recognize the left hand cartridge, therefore refuses to inventory the right hand side. It shows that the magazine has been removed. I've pulled it apart again and checked everythings plugged and attached... Help! I dont want to have to wait for another part... which ever it maybe now.
Thanks, Chris :]
5 REPLIES 5
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Re: MSL Storage Library does not recognise the right hand magazine

What kind of library is it? LTO or SDLT?
5026 5030 5052 5060.......?
i think you used the wrong connectors on the controller board.

Leon
Christina Sigley_2

Hi Leon,
It has crossed my mind that I plugged the connectors back wrong, but I have checked them and there is no where else to plug them in.
Its a SDLT.
What may have happened is that Compaq have sent me the wrong control module board as where cable J5 is meant to plug into the socket J5 there is no socket at J5. So I have plugged it into the socket next to it. I think it is called JB. I did compare both boards before I sent the defunct one back and they were the same. I'll try and look up a diagram of the control module boards.
Thanks,
Chris
Christina Sigley_2

Oh its an MSL5026 SDLT tape library with 2 drives.

thanks
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

Hi Christina,

When you face the library, on the lefthand side there is the control panel board we are talking about. On this board on the left side there are 2 identical connectors on the board:
J8 which is the most left one and J10 which is the one right from J8.
The left magazin connector should be placed in J10. I think it is placed in J8 now.
On the right-hand side of the board you find J11 and J9. J9 is placed left from J11.
there should be a connector in J9, J11 must be empty.

Leon
Christina Sigley_1
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Leon!
You were right, I had the connectors in the wrong place...
I had to take the part out before we got the replacement (direct swap), I thought I had remembered where everything went but nooo.
Lesson learnt !
Thanks so much for your help, much appreciated.. our robot is working 100% again.
Thanks,
Chris
:]