StoreEver Tape Storage
1752328 Members
5554 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL2024 FC Direct attached Cannot see in LTT and cannot configure in Data protector

Sandeep Thakur
Occasional Advisor

MSL2024 FC Direct attached Cannot see in LTT and cannot configure in Data protector

I have Emulex AJ762A card which has a direct attached MSL2024 FC I can see the Drive and Medium changer in the Device Manager but when scanning through L&TT cannot see the device at all. Moreover I have changed the port speed / Loop settings but still cannot see in L&TT.

Regards
Sandeep
5 REPLIES 5
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL2024 FC Direct attached Cannot see in LTT and cannot configure in Data protector

Hello,

which windows version do you use? Have you tried to stop the Removeable Storage Service?

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Sandeep Thakur
Occasional Advisor

Its on Windows 2003 Enterprise 32 Bit and RSM is disabled.
Eemans Dany
Honored Contributor

hi,

Did you configur your drive for fabric mode or direct mode. If you lib is directly attached (No FC switch used) you need to configur it for direct mode.
This can be done thru the web interface.

Dany
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

There was at least one Microsoft patch released for cases where devices could be seen in device manager but not L&TT. This patch might help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943545/
Sandeep Thakur
Occasional Advisor

Installing the Hotfixes resolved the issue.