1748171 Members
4494 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL4048 - Lost Admin Password

Michael Wyant
Trusted Contributor

MSL4048 - Lost Admin Password

My customer has lost his admin password. How do I reset his library so he can change his admin password again??
13 REPLIES 13
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

Call tech support to get a temporary passowrd good for 1 hour... this will allow you to reset the password.

1-800-474-6836 and say "DLT" at the voice prompt. That will get you to a tape storage rep. who can give you this temporary password.

Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Can you please post back here and let us know how your password request went? Every call agent should know the process and I haven't seen any complaints so I think the process is working fine but some feedback would be nice.
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Hi All,
I just wana ask that what is the default password for Command View MSL for a new MSL4048?
Evil Has Its Winning Ways
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

The default is that there is no administrator password for the front panel all features are open and no administrator access allowed from the web interface. You have to set an admin password from the front panel before web admin access is allowed.
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

Hi Curtis,
I called up one of our regional offices that has the same library model. The engineer over there told me that HP ppl who delivered the library said the password is 00000000 and hey i tried it and it worked for me.
Cheers.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Was that for account user or administrator?
Caster Troy
Regular Advisor

administrator
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

From reading this thread it appears that the library being discussed here was preconfigured and at that time the password was set to 00000000 by the person that did the configuration.

We confirmed that libraries coming off of the production line do not have a default administrator password and will not allow web interface access to the administrator account until the password is set from the front panel.
Graham Hyland_1
Occasional Contributor

00000000 Worked for me on lib & panel,
Could have been configured by someone other than HP though