4761 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL5000 2 LTO2 Drive Cabling/Configuration

David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Here's the info in disabling Win2003 Plug & Play polling:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=PSD_OT040301_CW01

Which will link you to here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;842411
The journey IS the reward.
Mikecl
Advisor

Hi David,

Thanks for your help and the links.
I think I have found the problem I ran the r/w load test and sat in front of the Library for 3 hrs, the tape test ran and then for no apparent reason after 2.5 hrs the tapes were unloaded from the drives and the test failed.
I have tracked down one of the servers with RSM enabled which has a fibre card, all of the other machines are already disabled. This seems to have resolved the problem.

We do have Insight manager I have excluded the Tape libraries IP address, what is the issue you mentioned?

Thanks Mike

Systems Insight Manager 4.1 with SP1 - Windows Build version: C.04.01.00.01
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Mike,

That's good news on finding an RSM service running.

Regarding your other questions:

> We do have Insight manager I have excluded the Tape libraries IP address, what is the issue you mentioned?

> Systems Insight Manager 4.1 with SP1

It's not the network monitoring that causes problems. There are "Insight Management Agents" (if installed) that monitor devices across across fibre channel directly.

It is not the version of Insight Manager that matters - it's the underlying and separately installed (with the current SIM) agents called "Insight Management Agents" that need to be checked. You should be using version 7.40 (or better) if you have the agents installed. This applys to ALL systems on the tape SAN.

I believe you can check whether you have the agents installed by looking in Windows control panel.

The journey IS the reward.
Mikecl
Advisor

Hi David,

Are you refering to the Insight Support Pack version? we currently are running 7.2 are you suggesting that the whole support pack needs updating or only the drivers relating to the Fibre Cards?

Thanks Mike