108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL5000 and OVMS7.3-1 no Tape Drives

SOLVED
Go to solution
Bruce S. Thompson
Occasional Contributor

MSL5000 and OVMS7.3-1 no Tape Drives

Recently added a san with an EVA5000 and an MSL5000 with connectivity to a GS140 with a KGPSA-CA HBA. I can see any disk I create but cannot see the MSL5000 robotics or tape drives. Any answers? I know for you guys you will request about 400 more bits of data but that is OK, I will get what you need.

2 REPLIES 2
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: MSL5000 and OVMS7.3-1 no Tape Drives

Hello Bruce,

can you see the tape drives via WWIDMGR? If not, you need to work on your mappings in the SCSI/FC bridge (likely an E1200 module in the library).

A SCSI/FC bridge does not provide a unit identifier like the EVA. So you need another mapping entry on the system disk.
SYSMAN> IO FIND_WWID
SYSMAN> IO AUTOCONFIGURE
Bruce S. Thompson
Occasional Contributor

Re: MSL5000 and OVMS7.3-1 no Tape Drives

No, I never saw the tape drives via WWIDMGR. I know that was working correctly since I mapped a boot disk and booted the system off of that "drive". I noted the SYSMAN commands in another posting but was not sure if it was pertinent to my SAN installation. I see now that it is pertinent. Also, on the CISCO switch, the MSL5000 has a big "?". I was expecting that such was the root cause of my difficulty. I see now that this error condition might be a MSL5000 problem however, in any case I have a OVMS command set to work with. Thank you very much.