1752345 Members
5941 Online
108787 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL5000 tape libraries drop off line

Jay Newman
Frequent Advisor

I am assuming you are looking at the configuration using the MSL5000 Util as I mentioned earlier. If not, I doubt if you will be able to set this up.
I.E., I'm fairly sure this cannot be done through the front key pads.

If you are using the MSL5000 util, look on the configuration tab "Private IP Addresses" rather than "IP Addresses".

"Success is defined by getting up one more time than you fall down."
Eugeny Brychkov
Honored Contributor

Paul
could you please log into brocade switches and gather supportshow command output from each? Then zip them and attach to your next reply
Eugeny
Mathias Zubek_1
Occasional Advisor

Hi Jay,

I've done so as you have discribed - the data I've postet are collectet with MSL-Util and attached by wordfile - but I'm not shure, what I've to do, that both boards are working pretty good in a Switch environment - Maybe you can give me a tip how I should configure the msl an the switch properly

thx in advance
Carsten
Jay Newman
Frequent Advisor

Hi Mathias.
It looks like whatever output you tried to attach to your message failed to show up.

Regardless, all I was suggesting (it worked here) was to ensure that you set the speed & duplex to fixed values on all devices, including whatever switch you connect them to, as opposed to allowing auto-negotiate.
In our case, the E1200 routers are set to 100 Mb full duplex, and the library controllers are set to 10 Mb full duplex.
"Success is defined by getting up one more time than you fall down."
Jolanta Sulima
Occasional Advisor

Dear Leif Halvarsson,

Did you solve your problem with "dead" NSR?
My 2 NSRs N1200 in two different data centres hangs periodicaly too.
My NSF N1200 fw.5-1.04, Library MSL5060 fw 4.21 LTO1 tape drive fe E38W, HBA - FCA 2101 (LP950) or DS-KGPSA-CB (Lp8000) - HBA firmware- functional:3.91a1, boot BIOS 163a1; HBA drivers 5-4.82a16; W2K register configuration for CPQKGPSA: Topology =1; ResetTPRLO=2; emulex option = 0xBA00 ├в other by default.
NSR - Discovery Delay = 30sec
In W2K - FC Information Agent disabled, Removable storage services ├в disabled, windows driver for changer ├в disabled;
backup application - : Data Protector 5.1 (Cell Manager and Installation server at the same time). Data Protector was patched (patches putted in order: DPWIN_00038; DPWIN_00022; DPWIN_00027 and DPWIN_00037.)