5623 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL5026 Hangs

David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Phillip/Jorgen,

If you could send your contract info to ltt_team@hp.com (and mention this thread), I'd like to contact you get some more information on your configurations to see what is common with the hangs.

Thanks,
Dave Ruska
HP Engineering Manager
The journey IS the reward.
Phillip Pham

David,
Our MSL5026 unit is not behind a corporate firewall. We have some ports blocked at the network boundary.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

All,

The library engineering team has been able to workaround this problem at one site by making the following change:

* Using MSLUTIL, change the level 1 and level 2 passwords so they are no longer the defaults ("1" & "2").

Please let me know if this also resolves your problems (at least temporarily). The engineering team is still trying to capture a network trace at a site where the problem occurs, to determine the real root cause.
Rick Dyson
Valued Contributor

Neither of my two MSL5026 units still use the default passwords (and haven't for a long time).

rick
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Rick, thanks for the update.

Has HP support been working with you on any other possible causes and solutions?
Rick Dyson
Valued Contributor

Not recently. I have not heard from anyone in about a week.
Phillip Pham

Same here, I have changed the default level 1,2 ftp and web password since setting up the network interface.

Update: Since disabling the network interface, the backup unit has worked flawlessly or over a week now.

Phillip.
Rick Dyson
Valued Contributor

If you are like me and replug in the ethernet for a little bit, it will go belly-up in no time. My longest was about 6-8 hours. I'm sure it depends on how saturated your local network is with whatever is clogging it up.

I could turn mine on to see if they can capture a trace, but can the trace survive a reboot? Once it locks up, I have to power cycle it before anyone would be able to connect and try and transfer the trace file...
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Rick and Phillip, thanks for the additional information. It sounds like the workaround of changing the default passwords does not work in both of your cases.

Phillip, I have your email address, so I'll contact you about getting a case logged with the support center. Having multiple customers with the same problem logged might help get the priority of this raised with the engineering team.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Jorgen,

If you can provide me with your contact information (send it to ltt_team@hp.com), I can work with you to have your problem logged to ensure the solution we identify will also resolve your issues.

We are in the process of sending an engineering team to one of the other sites to collect network traces.

Thanks in advance,
Dave Ruska
HP Product Engineering Team