1752830 Members
3732 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL5026/M2402 hanging after fw upgrade

Keith_76
Occasional Contributor

MSL5026/M2402 hanging after fw upgrade

Upgraded the firmware on our MSL5026 & M2402 yesterday. Problems started occuring after the first reboot of the Win2kAS (sp4) servers. They would lose their connection to the SAN drives shortly after bootup. Shortly, meaning I could login and within a few seconds the machine would start acting strange, a couple minutes later a message about the missing drive would appear. Both the MSL5026 touch screen and the M2402 web service stops responding. I tried removing the network cable (CAT5) and it does the same thing. I disabled Arcserve and turned off the M2402 and MSL5026 so I could get the servers back online. I bypassed the FC with a SCSI connection to test the MSL5026 with L&TT - it checked out ok.

The MSL5026 fw went from 0319 to 0423 and the SDLT drives went from 024,045 to 075 (all done with L&TT). The M2402 went from 4.03.13 to 5.3.0b. Other equipment: 2 pair of HSG80s (transparent failover), CPQKGBSA HBAs in the servers and a SAN Switch 16. Any suggestions for getting the backup back online?

Thanks,
Keith
3 REPLIES 3
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL5026/M2402 hanging after fw upgrade

I guess the first thing you could do is go back to the previous firmware, and see if the problems go away.

Send an email to ltt_team@hp.com, mention this thread, and we can send you a password to enable firmware downgrading.
The journey IS the reward.
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Keith,
I don't know if this is helpful or you know this already, but when I was working with an M2402 it did not only act as an FC target, but also as an initiator (by default). It had generated connections on the HSG80. Since then I am separating any HSGs and storage routers with different zones in the FC switches even if a fibre channel adapter needs access to both the HSG and the router (a port can be in multiple zones at the same time).
Keith_76
Occasional Contributor

I called the storage group for support. It looks like something happened which caused the M2402 to report a phantom tape drive, which hung everything whenever any software on a server tried to access it. The solution was to reset to factory defaults for the MSL5026 and the M2402, then reconfigure. Everything worked great over the weekend.