Storage Boards Cleanup
To make it easier to find information about HPE Storage products and solutions, we are doing spring cleaning. This includes consolidation of some older boards, and a simpler structure that more accurately reflects how people use HPE Storage.
Tape Libraries and Drives
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSL5026SL tapelibrary

E. Middeljans
Frequent Advisor

MSL5026SL tapelibrary

Hello,

We have got two tapelibraries and one pass through mechanism. Now we want to install the hardware but we do not have any docs explaining what to do. We tried to connect the cables, the pass through mechanism and some cables. We did not get it to work.
Does anyone have any docs describing how to place the pass through mechanism, the cables and what to do on the tapelibrary itself.
Tnx.
5 REPLIES
Leif Halvarsson_2
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL5026SL tapelibrary

Hi,
Was there not a documentation CD included with the library.
Massimo Bianchi
Honored Contributor

E. Middeljans
Frequent Advisor

The link is a big help. But there is one question: Is there anything that I have to do with the LAN-hub. Do I have to configure it. If the answer is yes what must I configer and how must I configer it.
E. Middeljans
Frequent Advisor

Whe configured it as discribed but backupexec 8.6 does not see it as one tapelibrary with 4 drives.
Randy Weis
Frequent Advisor

What does your Device Manager see? How many changers? How many tape drives? How many controllers? (Are these SCSI attached or Fibre Channel?)

If the answers to these questions indicate that that the OS is seeing everything fine, then you probably have a Veritas configuration issue. Their support site (knowledgebase) is ok, but you should also search the forums there.
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes. Oscar Wilde.