1748182 Members
3569 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL5052 error since i move SDLT tapes to 160/320

M REMI BALLON
Occasional Contributor

MSL5052 error since i move SDLT tapes to 160/320

two weeks ago, i change my two old tape drives SDLT 110/220 towards 160/320, since i have done it i have the following error message on the front panel of the library :

Fault Code: 3013 (Soft)
Description: Drive Fetch Failure

can someone give me some help ?

thanks
5 REPLIES 5
M REMI BALLON
Occasional Contributor

Re: MSL5052 error since i move SDLT tapes to 160/320

nobody has any ideas because i can't do any backups and it's a real problem
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

error 3013 mean Loader filed to fetch a cartridge from a drive

so check on the front panel for the status of the drive , check if a tape is inside and if the drive is idle.
try to unload it from the front panel
try a power cycle if you cannot succeed
try to deactivate the drive (menu>Maintenance>replace drive>deactivate drive, remove and reseat it.

Does the problem occur with both drives? check for correct numbering, check if FW is last one

try to put back the original one and see if problem still present

marino
M REMI BALLON
Occasional Contributor

ok i will check your advices.
But it seems that with the old drives i do not have the problem.
I think i have the reason have talking with HP and they said to me that i bought internal drives and not external drives.
I don't know what is the difference because they are the same.
I think the behavior is better now because i remove the SCSI jumper behind the drives like the old but i have still error 3013.
On the internal drive there is a protection in front of the drives where you enter the catridge and on my old there are no protection do you think it could be a reason.
Hp said to me that i have an MSL5052SL and not a MSL5052S2 and that 320GB drives were not compatible.
Thanks
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

OK now it is clear, you cannot use stand-alone drive in the library as HP said.
This for two main reasons:
- the formt panel is not the same as you saw, and this will prevent the library calibration and the correct drive handling
- the internal communication bus between library controller and drive is not enabled, so the commands cannot be sent througt this bus.
I would recommend to give back these drives.
I do not know at the moment if you can upgrade a 5026sl in to a 5026s2, in fact the S@ model support faster communication on the scsi bus.
It would be better to refer to a HP reseller in order to check the compatibility of the expantion.
marino
Ronald_51

I Had the same problem, when inserting a tape with the format 160/320.

What i have done is the following: when you have a library with a primary backup server and several distributed backup servers you have to stop all the arcserve engines in the correct order.

Login in Arcserve go to Device right click on the button tape database en job engine choose Stop all engines. Wait 10 seconds and then choose for start all engines.

This will fix the porblem.

With kind regards
Ronald