6262 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL5052S2 Error 20C0 - Device in error in set SCSI id

Ralph Hebb
Occasional Contributor

MSL5052S2 Error 20C0 - Device in error in set SCSI id

Hello!

I have a MSL5052S2 tape library that recently had an SDLT drive replaced due to a broken tape. When I attempted to perform a backup using this drive, the library produced fault code 20C0 - Device in error in set SCSI id. If I use the menu to view the SCSI information for my library, I receive a "SCSI Bus ID could not be obtained" error, and the replaced drive does not appear in the listing of SCSI devices. If I look into the library, I can see that this drive has a green status light and otherwise looks OK. Does anyone know if there is anything I can try to get the drive working again or does this sound like something I will need hardware replaced for?
3 REPLIES 3
Andrew_168
Regular Advisor

Re: MSL5052S2 Error 20C0 - Device in error in set SCSI id

Hi,
I suggest you use the library and Tape Tools utility to verify correct operation of your hardware.

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/index.html

Regards
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

The error indicates that the library cannot talk to the drive to set it's SCSI ID. Sounds like the drive may have not been installed correctly - there is a serial communication cable for setting the ID.

The journey IS the reward.
Ralph Hebb
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the responses. I've tried the options you folks have give me here; unfortunately I wound up having the drive replaced. Thanks again!