4921 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL6000 and reinstalling windows 2003

Palima
Occasional Advisor

MSL6000 and reinstalling windows 2003

Hello Everybody

I have 4 Lto-2 tape drives, MSL6000 library connected to Fabric through NSR m2402, the fabric also hosting EVA5000, and one of the systems connected to the fabric is windows 2003, which was working and recognizing the library and the EVA storage, unfortunately due to separate problem we had to reinstall the windows, and as we have already configured zones I think we don't need to do any thing on the San switches, I checked it and the zones are configured, the strange thing is after installing the windows it only can reach the Eva storage but not the library, I don't know whether it is a driver problem or do I need to rediscover the devices or mapping on the NSR?

In fact I'm new to this environment and I need to know how to distinguish the model of the library specific model, I think it is storage works msl6060 but how to make sure of that? I think I need this to know which driver to download, but neither the screen of the library nor the management site can tell me. May you?

And if the problem is in the m2402 side then I think I need to reset the password because no one here know it яБК, how?

Thank in advance for help
5 REPLIES 5
Palima
Occasional Advisor

Can any one help me where to start, do I need to install drivers or windows it self can deal it?
Could it be from M2402 side that we need to something there?

Is my post clear? If you have any question I can feed more info,

Thanks and appreciate your help

Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You didn't change HBAs or something, just re-installed windows, right?

Can you see the tapes in device manager (even as unknown)? Normally there is no windows driver needed (the backup application will handle this on its own).

If you didn't touch the NSR, the config should not change. Anyway, check it.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Palima
Occasional Advisor

Right, I just reinstalled the operating system which is windows 2003, I didn't touch the NSR neither the switches, and nothing listed in device manager regarding the tapes, nothing there regarding the media changer also, the only thing strange in the device manager is base system peripheral under other peripherals with big question mark in yellow covered by smaller yellow exclamation mark.

From the web management of the m2402 the server name is listed under host mapping.

What Emulex plus do? Do I need to install it, I think it just give me the HPAnywhay utility to do some management, is it necessary to install it?
Palima
Occasional Advisor

I think I have run steps in the right direction, I connected to the NSR and did a reboot then tried to install Emulex autopilot utility and during the installation it failed due to storeport.sys version below some level, so I went to Microsoft site and download the newer version, install it, and reinstall the autopilot then I run the installer and voila, it recognized the tape drives,
The bad news: there is nothing on device manager regarding the medium changer

Now I'm back, can anyone tell me how to discover the medium changer?

Thanks
MajidNX
Frequent Advisor

Have to assinged an IP address to the NSR
or do you have a RS232 - DB9 cable ??

These are the two ways you can access the settings of the NSR and see what all devices are detected on NSR .
I work for HP