1752806 Members
5683 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL6000

antonio difruscia
Regular Advisor

MSL6000

I setting up a MSL6000 on my san. what is the cable I need so i can connect to the serial port of the fiber card ? I think I need to check my settings, on fiber channel card on the MSL6000. my san switch shows the MSL as
L-Port 1 private, 5 phantom..

thanks
TonyD
7 REPLIES 7
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

antonio difruscia
Regular Advisor

Is there a way to communicate/setup the fiber card without the cable, either by
the front panel on the library or the web interface of the library ?

thanks
TonyD
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Hi

You cannot access NSR through Operator Control Panel, however you can configure it through web interface. Normally NSR gets IP address from DHCP server. If you don't use DHCP services, the IP address of the NSR should be 1.1.1.1 with mask 255.255.255.0

User name: root, password: password
Marek Nelec
Honored Contributor

Here is the link to the docs:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00661558/c00661558.pdf

BTW: the san switch most probably sees the MSL6000 as private loop with because the FC port of the NSR is set to "auto sense". Set it to "N_port".
antonio difruscia
Regular Advisor

I pushed the reset button on the NSR and now
the san switch reports no light.. I assume pushing the reset button would set the ip address on the NSR back to 1.1.1.1. I set my laptop to 1.1.1.2 and plugeed into the same switch but I can not connect to the NSR. I checking the other labs to see if someone has a cable I can borrow just so I can log on and reset this thing.

TonyD
antonio difruscia
Regular Advisor

I tried the console cable for the library with a null modem adapter on the end and that didn't work. I tried setting a private network and setting my laptop to 1.1.1.2 and tried getting to the NSR, no luck..The end solution was I needed to run a tcpdump on the firewall system and capture the DHCP adress that the NSR was getting. Then access the NSR through HTTP with that ip-address and then set the fiber port to
N-Port and set the ip-address to a static ip..

thanks for the help
TonyD
antonio difruscia
Regular Advisor

I can not get the FC port to see any devices. the attachment has my settings.
I have tried Perform Discovery on all Ports and Buses. I would assume that the fiber channel card is functioning since it does see the wwwid of the hosts on the san switch.

thanks
TGonyD