StoreEver Tape Storage
1745791 Members
3896 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL6030 Master/Slave issue

Jicot111

MSL6030 Master/Slave issue

I have 3 MSL6030 tape Libraries connectected via a PTM. My Slave 0 front panel quit working. HP replaced the entire MSL6030. I now cannot get the Master to come up as the Master. I configure for Master but it doesn't say it on the front panel. The 2 Slaves only say Slave not Slave 0 and Slave 1. I can swap the Master with Slave 0 then I can configure Master and it says Master. But upon power on the MSL6030 that was my Master now just has a blinking red front panel light. Appreciate any answers.
6 REPLIES 6
ANNIE
Trusted Contributor

Re: MSL6030 Master/Slave issue

Hi,
Check out this link,
http://sysdoc.doors.ch/HP/lpg75254.pdf
Hope this helps!!
Thanks.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
** If found useful, please assign kudos located at the left hand side.
Thanks.

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Jicot111

Thanks for the info. Verified everything was hooked up as the manual says. We think we received a defective chassis. Waiting for HP to reply to service request.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

A possible reason could be the network hub. Check the cables and try another if possible. This is a very special hub, so connect the cables to the appropriate ports.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jicot111

I've tried all new cables. Connected them back the same as before HP replaced the Slave 0 chassis. I don't have another hub to try. The only problem we had was the slave 0 chassis front panel wasn't working. After the chassis was replaced we are now not able to get the master to actually say master on the front panel. Also the 2 slave units only say slave versus slave0 and slave1. The only difference I see is that the new chassis has a Boot Code 4. The other 2 have a Boot Code of 3.
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Another reason could be the PTM - does it move for selftest while powering on?

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Jicot111

The issue ended up being the MSL6030 connected as the Master. Replaced the MSL6030 and things are looking correct now. Thanks for all of the suggestions.