StoreEver Tape Storage
1753725 Members
4984 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL6030 Not Backing up

TIm Saunders_1

MSL6030 Not Backing up

I am trying to Backup a win2k server using Veritas Backup Exec and an MSL6030 tape library. Backup Exec reports the following error message every time I try and start a job:
The job failed with the following error: Library error - incompatible storage media detected in robotic library.
This has only been the case since I changed the library status from Random split to sequential split.
Does anyone know whatI have to do to resolve this problem?
4 REPLIES 4
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

If you change the option random sequential back, does it work then? Does the error occur immediate or when the drive tries to read the media?
Did the device configuration (in Veritas) go okay? (you should see a library and 1 or 2 drive underneath in device window.

Install LTT to check your hardware. Stop the Backupexec services before starting LTT.

Leon
Victor Pendlebury
Valued Contributor

Hi

I was told that Arcserve and BExec only support Random mode

The Sequential mode supports certain backup applications that do not manage media.

Regards

Vic
Leon Rosier
Respected Contributor

You are right, i checked it and it should be in random mode.
What Veritas version are using? Did you download the latest driverpack from them?

Install LTT and check if it is a Vertitas or hardware/driver/OS issue

Leon
TIm Saunders_1

Thanks for all your help. I got a response from HP and Veritas that said I should delete the Library from Backup Exec and then stop and restart the Backup Exec services. When I done this, the library re-appeared as a library (Rather than a locally attached standalone). I could then re-run the wizard and install the Veritas device drivers rather than the HP ones, and it worked. I am still having problems trying to get the library to detect on the other servers but I think that is a W2K problem.
Thanks