MSL6030 Windows Drivers

SOLVED
Go to solution
Arman Obosyan
Frequent Advisor

MSL6030 Windows Drivers

We have MSL6030 its connected to SAN, on Windows Server there 4 Devices:

HP Network Storage Router
(SCSI\Array&Ven_HP&Prod_NS_E1200-160&Rev_5687\6&a1585d9&0&023)

Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-3 drive(SCSI\Sequential&Ven_HP&Prod_Ultrium_3-SCSI&Rev_G25W\6&a1585d9&0&022)

Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-3 drive (SCSI\Sequential&Ven_HP&Prod_Ultrium_3-SCSI&Rev_G25W\6&a1585d9&0&021)

Unknown Medium Changer(SCSI\Changer&Ven_HP&Prod_MSL6000_Series&Rev_0516\6&a1585d9&0&020)

for Hewlett Packard LTO Ultrium-3 I found drivers on Windows Update Catalog, download and install it, seems it OK,

for HP Network Storage Router I found some NON whql driver HP_CPQ_router_2.inf

for Unknown Medium Changer I did not find anything.

what drivers I need to install for Unknown Medium Changer and HP Network Storage Router ?
5 REPLIES 5
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor

Re: MSL6030 Windows Drivers

Hi Arman,

Ive just set this up myself over the last few days.
The NSR drivers I used from the supplied CD.
The Ultrium drivers I downloaded the file hplto_1031.zip from the HP website.
And the Library driver I downloaded the file hptapedrvrs.exe from the HP website.

The NSRs should appear under System Devices once installed. The Library will appear under Medium Changers and the Drives under Tape Drives.

Good Luck
Mark...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)

What is your OS??

Use LTT to help you with that problem it├В┬┤s a very nice tool that help you solve some big problems, and give you the latest information of drivers and firmware.

Or put the OS version that you have here and i├В┬┤m gone try to help you.
Arman Obosyan
Frequent Advisor

Thanks for quick reply.

My OS is Windows Server 2003, but over SAN tape library is also visible to other OS, Linux etc. (Linux its other story...)

On Windows OS I use HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools 4.0 SR2 27,Mar,2006. (LTT) I use for update firmware and other.. (Very nice Toolz)

Finaly what driver I need for Unknown Medium Changer (SCSI\Changer&Ven_HP&Prod_MSL6000_Series&Rev_0516\6&a1585d9&0&020)
What Driver I need to use?
LTO didnot tell me enithing, device is instaled and named Unknown Medium Changer and have Microsoft build in whql driver.
so I need to left it as is, or update with some other driver?
Mark Matthews
Respected Contributor
Solution

Arman,

Just run the hptapedrvrs.exe file downloadable from here...

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=uk&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=316040&prodNameId=316048&swEnvOID=1005&swLang=8&mode=2&taskId=135&swItem=co-11627-2

And it will install the driver for the library.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please click the white Kudos star to the left if this post is helpful :)
Arman Obosyan
Frequent Advisor

Thanks All