1748240 Members
3775 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL6030 additional media

Johann Owen Gallyot
Occasional Contributor

MSL6030 additional media

I have a msl6030 with one media install. recently i have install another media on the msl6030. My question is how come the other media cant be detect from the OS level but on the lcd screen in the msl6030 i detected 2 media. Os running is win2003. need urgent help on this..
6 REPLIES 6
Attila Szab├│
Frequent Advisor

Re: MSL6030 additional media

Johann,
Do you use any backup software? If so, you need to take inventory, from the software itself. If you use backup sw, do you have library option (or licence) for that? Because most of these softwares only want to control the library robot if you installed the software component/licence for that.
Johann Owen Gallyot
Occasional Contributor

yes i am running backup exec as my backup software. but according to the veritas guys they are saying that it should be detected from the OS level first then only the backup software will be able to detect and they will put in their license.. i am still unable to solve this issue..
Attila Szab├│
Frequent Advisor

hmm... Lets start then from begin. Do you have the HP (not microsoft native) driver installed for the library? Which version of MSL6030 (Ultrium 460 or 960?), and which connection type (fibre or SCSI)? Do you see the library robot and the drive also in the Windows device manager? First I think install the HP drivers (HP StorageWorks MSL6000 Tape Libraries - http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcomтМй=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=s-002&h_query=msl+6030 ), then check the device manager, if you find the tape drive and robot also, install HP library and tape tools (HP LTT). Its a free test program from HP (and you can make firmware updates also with it).
You can download it from here:
HP StorageWorks Library and Tape Tools - https://support.hpe.com/connect/s/product?language=en_US&cep=on&kmpmoid=316040&tab=driversAndSoftware
Install this software and run tests against the library. It will tell you if the library is bad.
After that if everything is ok in device manager and within HP LTT, then you will have easy job with Veritas guys.

regards,
Attila

[Moderator edit: Updated the broken link. You may also refer to https://support.hpe.com/]

Lavannya

Lavannya

Hey Johann, 

Lavannya here. Could you please help me get additional info on the MSL addtional media please?

Regards,

Lavannya 

Sunitha_Mod

Hello Lavannya,

Thank you for posting! You might want to consider creating a new topic by utilizing the "New Discussion" button, as this will not only enhance visibility compared to the old topic but also boost your chances of receiving responses from experts.

Thanks,
Sunitha G
I'm an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo