1752281 Members
4608 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL6030 and SAN connection

Bagley
Occasional Contributor

MSL6030 and SAN connection

I am attempting to get our MSL6030 connected to our EVA4000 with the 4/16 SAN Switch.
I'm having trouble setting up the Zoning for this. First, I'm not seeing the WWN of the tape library. The Switch sees the port the MSL is connected to as a L-Port.
I've seen some references to using AL_PA, but have not found much documentation on how. The NSR e1200-320 in the MSL appears to be connecting, although I saw a message saying the SFP was not supported.
3 REPLIES 3
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

You should connect to the NSR router and configure the Topology to fabric instead of AL.

The NSR provides a serial cable for initial configuration, you can then set an ip address if you want to manage via LAN.

The initial user and password are:

username: root
password: password

Select:

1) Perform Configuration
3) Fibre Channel Configuration
3) Toggle Port Mode
Toogle until you get:
Port Mode : N_Port Mode

Save the configuration and reboot the library.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
goldboy
Trusted Contributor

If you need more information of how to configure the NSR check the following thread, it has links to some documents:

http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/questionanswer.do?threadId=1107932

Tal
"Life is what you make out of them!"
Bagley
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the replies. I finally found part of the answer in another forum. The ports on my SAN switch were allowing Loops, and once I disabled that on this port, set the NSR to N_Port, the NSR showed as UP/Fabric, and the SAN switch showed it connected to the Fabric, rather than a Loop. Now I have my Zoning setup, and just need to get the library recognized by the EVA and presented to my backup server. . .