StoreEver Tape Storage
1752809 Members
5804 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL6030 to External Ultriu 460

MSL6030 to External Ultriu 460

I have trouble in restoring backup sessions I took by MSL6030 library using Data protector at an external Ultrium 460 tape drive on another machine. Windows NT backup cannot see the catalog in the tape ? Does anyone know hoe to bypass this problem ?

thanks,
yalcin gulas
3 REPLIES 3
Andrzej Kowalik
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL6030 to External Ultriu 460

Your problem is not related to hardware, but is software issue.
You have to use Data Protector to restore data from your tape. Windows (NT) backup write data in different format.

regards,
Andrzej Kowalik
VCP2005
Trusted Contributor

If you have another DP cell manager, you need to Scan --> import the tape. because you do not have barcode reader in standalone drive.

If you try to read DP backup tape by any other backup software (NetBackup, Backup Exec, Arcserver, NTBackup)... No alternative adn you cannot read the tape.

Well

I assumed that there was a problem with DP format &windows backup format because I was able to backup&restore using NT backup. The problem is that Ultrium 460 external device is attached to a standalone server. So I was not sure whether I can install DP manager on it but anyway I will try to install Data protector Manager and connect to the device from DP.

thanks