StoreEver Tape Storage
1752329 Members
5569 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL6030 with PassThrough and Remote Management

EricB_1

MSL6030 with PassThrough and Remote Management

I'm trying to access the remote management features of a MSL6030 with a pass-through. The master reports an ip address of 0.0.0.0 and the slave reports 192.168.1.102. When I try to manually set the master it says it cannot be in the range of 192.168.1.1-254. I assume the slave is using a class C mask. Doesn't the master a slave communicate on the provided lan hub? How can I make this work?
3 REPLIES 3
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

Re: MSL6030 with PassThrough and Remote Management

Your network connection is to the WAN port of the lan hub, correct? I can't find anything that says for sure, but I'm guessing that 192.168.1 subnet is reserved for intra-hub communcations and therefore the master's IP address (used for external communications) must fall outside that range.
EricB_1

There appears to be one ethernet port for both internal communications, between master and slave, and remote management. My plan was to put a machine with 2 nics into a port on the hub and remote desktop into it to do remote management but if the master must be 0.0.0.0 I can't talk to it.
Mark Poeschl_2
Honored Contributor

I think the idea is to connect the WAN port of the hub to your company network and assign an unused address in your company's address space to the master library. Then connect both master and slave libraries to LAN ports on the hub.