5190 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL6060 Drive FW update without L&TT

Marcello Primus
Occasional Advisor

MSL6060 Drive FW update without L&TT

Hi guys,
somebody has a good advice how to update LTO 2 / HP Ultrium 460 drives in a MSL6060 without L&TT? Their i sthe WEB interface or the MSL Util to update them, but both need .bin files and not .frm files (L&TT files)..... how to update Drives without L&TT & Thanks in advance for your input... :-)
I need the Ultrium 460 - F6AW firmware file as bin file :-(
5 REPLIES 5
Efrain Valencia
Valued Contributor

Hello Marcello

I'd like to understand better the reason you have for not using L&TT so I can provide you with a better answer.

But I still can say yes, you can.
There is an alternate method called FUP tape (Firmware UPdate tape)

You still require L&TT to create the FUP tape but it can be created on a different drive on a different server. Notice HP no longer provides this media.

Please read the L&TT user guide for more information:
Page 56
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01126624/c01126624.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

Kind Regards,
- Efrain Valencia
Marcello Primus
Occasional Advisor

Hi Efrain, it's just a customer issue that he doesn't want to install L&TT, we are a outsourcing contractor, but let's see if I can convince him, I know L&TT and it gives a lot of futures, but I'm still wondering, that their is no more the possibility to update the Drive FW with MSL Util ... !!! it was a great opportunity in situations like this....
Cheers and Thanks
Marcello
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

if your problem is the installation of LTT on the server, I can suggest you to copy the LTT directory in a cd, and start the tool from there, it will work and let no traces on the host.
you should just pay attention to put all the firmware you need on the directory fw before to build the cd.

marino
Marcello Primus
Occasional Advisor

Hi Marino, thx for the advice, we did it like this already and it was succesful :-)
Cheers
Marcello Primus
Occasional Advisor

with L&TT on CD we could convince the customer, to do our job... ;-)