5901 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: MSL6060 NSR router and win2k3

otukile
Frequent Advisor

MSL6060 NSR router and win2k3

Hi,

Setup: MSL6060 FC with 4 of LTO2 drives, 2 of NSR cards connecting through SAN to a win2K3 server.

Firmware for all the hardware is uptodate. All drivers on server have been updated using the HP drive driver update tool.

The problem is every now and then, the secondary NSR card and the two drives on the secondary NSR card go offline. Even LTT they would not be detected. Once the NSR card is rebooted, everything comes back to live.

Attached please some of the reports and LTT support ticket for the NSR. please help with what could be the problem here.

Thanks in advance

Don't panic
10 REPLIES 10
otukile
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately the LTT support ticket for the library is more than 1M. Hence i could only attach this support ticket ticket for the NSR card. Hope it helps
Don't panic
cnb
Honored Contributor

>"Unfortunately the LTT support ticket for the library is more than 1M. Hence i could only attach this support ticket ticket for the NSR card. Hope it helps"

Hmm...evidently not:
System Model : IBM eServer BladeCenter HS21 -[8853L6G]-....

|__ Detailed Device Information
|__ Router at address (1/0.1.0)
|__ Device Analysis
| |__ Default Device Analysis
| |__ Tool Version is 4070017
| |__ There is no Device Analysis content available for this device on this platform.
|__ Vendor ID : HP
|__ Product ID : NS E1200-160
|__ Firmware Revision : 5944
|__ Controller Serial # : P08KQE
|__ SCSI Test Unit Ready returns status good.

"There is no Device Analysis content available for this device on this platform."

You'll need to do some digging within LT&T to search the log file history for anything remarkable. Maybe even have to look at the switch port logs it is connected to.

-or-

Check/replace fibre connections, cables, gbics, switch firmware, etc... to that NSR.

hth,

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>Unfortunately the LTT support ticket for the library is more than 1M.

Trip zipping the file. But make sure when you attach it, the suffix is .ZIP.
otukile
Frequent Advisor

Been away on study leave. I hope this report card would help while i try to resource the right support ticket.
Don't panic
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

Your LTT ticket lists the changer and all 4 drives - no errors or problems.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Where did you inserted the second NSR?
you should use only one NSR per level, so one at the same level as the robot controller and one in the other level, this will avoid possible overheating during heavy operation. Furthermore all the MSL should have a cooling kit on top of the cardcage, early library sold without integrated NSR didn't have it, and the kit was available as an option with the NSR
Santhosh D
Valued Contributor

This is a known issue with some models of NSR...you may have to contact HP Support and get it replaced...

One of the micro controller in the NSR gets heated up, there was some manufacturing defect in terms of dessipating the heat...this causes the NSR to go offline....
otukile
Frequent Advisor

Unfortunately today when i got to customer site to collect error logs, they had already rebooted the whole library. Tomorow i will try and get the status when the library is in error mode. For now, please find attached the zipped reports for both the top and bottom library.
Don't panic
otukile
Frequent Advisor

The setup only lasted a day. Today i got called and attached are the log files from the Win2003 Application logviewer (both the plain text and windows event log file formats), LTT support ticket, and the faulty NSR report file.

I hope this will give an idea what could be causing all this havoc.

Thanks in advance
Don't panic