5598 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

MSL6060 not showing all drives through LTT

Mahadev Pednekar
Frequent Advisor

MSL6060 not showing all drives through LTT

Hi,
We have one MSL6060 library with 4 drives and connected to SAN via two NSR 1200. All cable connection are as per the manual, the backup server is windows 2003 which is also connected to SAN. From windows I am able to see all 4 drives but when LTT (ver 3.5 SR2) tool is run then it is able to find three drive out of four. The event ID by LTT for this error is 0x88000412/98. I have checked the mapping in NSR and seems to be fine, attached is config for both NSR, also zoning on SAN switch is proper. Is this a problem or ok and because of this backup software (Brightsore) is not yet installed.

Regards,
Mahadev
5 REPLIES 5
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

Re: MSL6060 not showing all drives through LTT

My first advice is to align the firmware version of your NSR's: the first one is at 5.3.0b, the second one is 5.4.25. Both are obsoleted by version 5.6.06

Your problem looks strange.
Are your NSR's up since a long time?
Have you performed some SCSI discoveries?

Have you a single static map (the 'Indexed' Map)? have you created any customized static map?

I have seen that the Discovery parameter in the FC menu is set to 'manual Discovery only'. This shouldn't affect your problem, but to change it to 'Auto discovery on boot' or 'Autodiscovery on link up' worth a try.

let us know
Claudio
Vincon Daniele
Frequent Advisor

I've the same problem here, same backup software.when i try to scan device in LTT (3.5 SR2) i receive the same error.
I've upgrade all firmware in msl 6060 and the discovery method in e1200 is auto on link up.
The zoning on san switch are correct (one host port one e1200)and win2003 i'am able to see all 4 drives,but have strange error in backup software (like unreadable media, or absl error media manually eject ecc ecc ) any idea??
thank's
Daniele

Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

Daniele,
The removanle storage service in winodws is disabled? If not, disable it.

Is your server an HP Proliant?

Are your FC card at latest firmware/driver release?
Can you see in Event Viewer any error related to FC Cards?
Can you see in SAN Switches any error related to the NSR port?
FC Cable and GBIC are OK?

HTH
Claudio
Vincon Daniele
Frequent Advisor

Yes the removable storage server is disable, and all the servers in SAN are HP Proliant with last release of firmware on FC Cards.
The only error i've on Event viewer are time out of fccard when i launch LTT.
On the switch there isn't error.
It's probably faulty drive because i've persisent request to cleaning after read the tape.I've request the change.
Thank's

David Ruska
Honored Contributor

All,

Since a number of you are experiencing problems with LTT in a SAN, can you each email ltt_team@hp.com with a summary of your problem, and we can work with each of you to find the cause and provide a solution.

- ltt team
The journey IS the reward.