StoreEver Tape Storage
1751975 Members
4526 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mail slot issue

Chet0729

Mail slot issue

I have a MLS 2024 and I am suddenly getting a Close Mailslot message in the display on the unit. I have never used the mail slot functionality and have never seen this message. In the setup is says th mail slot is dissabled. Along with the message there is an arrow pointing to my left tape drawer.
Any insight would be appreciated.
The message wont clear and it is making it difficult to operate the unit and to change tapes

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
TTr
Honored Contributor

> arrow pointing to my left tape drawer

Did you try reseating the drawer? If the error does not go away, there may be a failure of the sensor that detects if the drawer is closed completely or not.
Chet0729

I have had it out a few times. Do you know where the sensor is and what would cause it to think it is a mailslot.
Chet0729

Is the mail slot a separate type of tray or just a label for a slot in the normal tray. I have never used the functionality so I am not familiar with it

Thanks
TTr
Honored Contributor

There is only one left tray. The first slot is treated as a mail slot. Check the tray carefully to see if any plastic flaps or pins may have snapped that would normally turn off a sensor when the tray is fully inserted in the slot.
It is possible that even if you have the mail slot disabled, the front panel still display that error message if the "tray inserted" sensor has failed. Check if the mailslot tray has come loose of is not properly closed.
User guide page 33, 37 at http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00530693/c00530693.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
Chet0729

Thanks you, I think it is working ok now. It does go into recovery for a while but I think that is normal. I inherited this unit so I am not real familiar with its operation yet. The link to the manual was very helpful