5163 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Mailslot continually ejecting - HP 1/8 Ultrium 920 G2 Tape Autoloader

Washo
Occasional Visitor

Mailslot continually ejecting - HP 1/8 Ultrium 920 G2 Tape Autoloader

Hi,

The Autoloader was showing as offline in BackupExec.  When I checked the hardware, the mailslot had ejected and the Autloader was continually power cycling.  When the mailslot when pushed in, it would simply eject again.

I managed to manually eject the left magazine and close the mailsot.  At this point the Autoloader stayed online.  As soon as I put the magazine back in, the Mailslot popped out again and the Autoloader power cycled continuously.

Any help to troubleshoot would be appreciated.  This is out of warranty and if I need this repaired, I have no idea where to go.

Many thanks

4 REPLIES 4
OJazem
Frequent Visitor

Hey,

Have you been able to solve this issue? I got the same problem 2 days ago and couldn't find a solution.

Please advice.

Washo
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I actually managed to resolve this by adding a new terminator. Hope this may be of some use. Good luck.

Just found this and was helpful to me: http://h20628.www2.hp.com/km-ext/content-webapp/document?docId=emr_na-c00821126
OJazem
Frequent Visitor

Are you saying its a hardware problem??
It happened to me before and it worked just fine when I replaced the tapes!!!
but it comes back 3 months later...

Curtis_Ballard
HPE Pro

The hardware/firmware experts for that product said that they believe what you describe is likely a hardware problem if the unit has a lot of moves.  Mechanical obstructions can cause the problem but if all tapes have been removed, the interior inspected for broken/loose pieces, and the problem still occurs, then it is very likely hardware wearout.  It can be something like a damaged flexible cable and sometimes moving those cables will cause them to make connection again but since they flex with every move the failure will reoccur.

I work for HPE

Accept or Kudo