1748146 Members
3524 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Media Write Error

Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Media Write Error

I was wondering if you could point me in the right direction for a problem we are having with three DDT 4000 20/40 Gb tape drives. We have recently upgraded all of our servers to ML370's bur are now having problems with our backups.

We have 7 servers with this configuration, 4 of which are working fine, and three of which give an E1145 Media Write failure using Arc serve 6.6IT.

The 4 drives that work have Rompaq D473 on them and the three that dont work have Rompaq D887. We have been to the Compaq web site and down loaded the latest Rompaq but it appears to either be D887 or older as it will not allow us to upgrade.

Is there a new Rompaq? or is there a way of back reving to D473 which works? We have ran all of the available rompaqs for the brand new servers as well so it doesnt seem to be that. And it definately isn't bad media.

This is quite urgent as at present our backups are failing.

Thanks for any help
2 REPLIES 2
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Media Write Error

you need to upgrade to the v996 version of the firmware. Send me the part number for your dlt 20/40 and I will send you the firmware image file and instructions on how to upgrade. my email is Darcy.arnold@compaq.com
Ayman Altounji
Valued Contributor

Re: Media Write Error

If you are using netware you will have to call compaq tech support and request a fup(firmware upgrade tape) tape. This is a dlt carterage with the firmware on it. There is a procedure for applying it that will be sent with fup tape.The number for compaq tech support is. 1-800-652-6672.