1752594 Members
3027 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Mixing narrow and wide SE SCSI devices on the same chain

Philip Sheehan

Mixing narrow and wide SE SCSI devices on the same chain

Folks,

I wish to connect an existing DDS-3 DAT drive to the on-board SE/LVD SCSI port (core I/O) on our N4000 box. Currently, a DDS3 drive and a DVD drive are chained on this port by way of C4318B 3U Rack Mount Adapter. The C4318B slots are terminated on 68-pin high density female DB connectors.

I want to connect the second C6364A DAT drive in this SE SCSI chain. The C6364A is terminated on a high density 50-pin female connector. So, if I want to put it on the end of the current chain, I understand that the proper way to accomplish this is through a 68-pin to 50-pin adapter with a built-in high-byte terminator. Is this your understanding of what needs to be done? If so, does HP supply such an adapter. The Web site describes a C2364A multimode terminator (pass through terminator), but I have not been able to find any details on this device? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Philip Sheehan
Clark College

P.S. This thread has been moved from General to Tape Libraries and Drives. - Hp Forum Moderator

1 REPLY 1
Patrick Wessel
Honored Contributor

Re: Mixing narrow and wide SE SCSI devices on the same chain

You will find the perfect answer on this web-page:
http://www.scsita.org/aboutscsi/SCSI_Termination_Tutorial.html

(give a man a fish and he isn't hungry for the moment. Teach him how to fish and he sits on a boat and drinks beer all night long ;-)
There is no good troubleshooting with bad data