StoreEver Tape Storage
1747984 Members
4762 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Multiple Autoloaders shown under Libraries in Removable Storage???

Jim Kollath

Multiple Autoloaders shown under Libraries in Removable Storage???

Can someone please help an autoloader dummy out on a problem? I have a Surestore Internal 40x6 autoloader in a server - we have always run simple script backups in NT backup (or whatever 2000 now calls it) without many problems. Friday we upgraded the server to 2003. Now the computer will pop up about 3 autoloaders in the removable storage area of my console - 2 with a red X and one showing that it works, but it will not display that any tapes are loaded and won't do anything when I try to force an inventory. I have tried updating and then the older drivers and that doesn't help. Everything time I turn off the Removable Storage Manager service and start it back up I get another autoloader appearing in the list with a big red x through it. It's driving me nuts. The device manager shows just one tape drive and one autoloader and says they are both working fine. Does anyone have any clue on this? I'd really appreciate the help. Thanks, Jim
1 REPLY 1
Jim Kollath

Re: Multiple Autoloaders shown under Libraries in Removable Storage???

I also forgot to mention that if I choose a door access command in the console it will allow me to remove the media. When I put it back in it quickly goes through each tape and does not display them in the console. I'm beyond baffled and this is our dedicated tape backup unit.