New Discussion юеВ

NSR Firmware upgrade

SOLVED
Go to solution
MSX 3rd Line
Advisor

NSR Firmware upgrade

Hi,
have a backup server with 2 libraries connected through FC. HP recommends firmware upgrade through HP LTT. Went finie for robotics and drives, but NSR are not seen from HP LTT. Did download fake driver but installing it did not complete (no system device was added).
Any idea on how I can upgrade NSR firmware through HP LTT ?
Thanks in advance
15 REPLIES 15
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Re: NSR Firmware upgrade

There is no problem to update the firmware through the GUI off the NSR

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00637161/c00637161.pdf?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN
MSX 3rd Line
Advisor

no, if use the correct file which is not in the HP LTT bundle firmware upgrade (while there is one unusable in it), which means that I have to upgrade drive+robotics with HP LTT and NSR through another interface (when I manage to find the firmware in the exepected format) ; not so easy.

Rgds
Luk Vandenbussche
Honored Contributor

Perhaps no so easy, but it is a firmware update. This has always to be handeld with care.
MSX 3rd Line
Advisor

Hi, that's why I would like to follow HP recommendations (upgrrding through LTT)
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

You need different files for the update with LTT (*.frm) or ftp/serial/web (*.dlx).

Be aware the NSR is not part of the MSL (even if it is built-in) - you should find it as a stand-alone device in the LTT screen.

Of course your LTT version should be current. 4.2SR1a

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

You probably didn't insert the NSR in the mapping, you can add or ommit it when you create maps, if the nsr is not presented, it would not appear in the OS and then in the LTT.

obviously you can upgrade the nsr via ftp using the specific file

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=337412&swItem=co-49146-1&mode=5

marino
MSX 3rd Line
Advisor

HI Marino,
thans for the answer. Are you talking about zoning ? If not presented, I wouldn't see the drives and robotics behind, correct ?

thanks.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Mapping is made in the NSR, you create the map that include the drives, the robot, and you can include the NSR itself
then this map is presented to a host (wwn) then you have to save to apply it.
The Zoning is made in the switch and allow the communication betweeen the port where is connected the nsr and the port where is connected the host.
if you can see some of the components, (as the nsr have only one port) then the zoning should be ok
MSX 3rd Line
Advisor

As far as I see the NSR itself is part of the mapping (have a map with 2 hosts : the backup server and the NSR)

I dit try to install this : http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=co-44137-2&lc=en&cc=us&product=397557&os=227&dlc=en
with no result, which seems to confirm that the NSR is not seen by the OS.