1752614 Members
4524 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: NSR Reboot

John Kotys

I am getting SCSI port 12 parity/CRC/AIP errors when rebooting my NSR M2402. Upon booting up it only sees the 4 SDLT tape drives in my ESL9198 library but does not see the Autochnager. My backups are dead as a result of this. I too have firmware 5.3.0b running.

Desparately looking for any ideas.

Thanks
Stuart Powell_1
Occasional Advisor

Hello.

We've been suffering through the same symptoms as you for quite some time now, albeit with BackupExec. In a recent fit of troubleshooting fervour, I updated the firmware on all of the devices in this scenario, i.e. the two MSL libraries, the drives inside them, the FCA2101 and the M2402 itself. The M2402 is now sitting at firmware rev. 5.4.25, and the FCA2101 is at 1.70A1.

It struck me today that the jobs always seem to fall down while backing up a particular server. After reading this thread, I took a look and that server's FCA2101 card has an older firmware rev on it. Could this be the source of all my woes ? We'll have to wait until next month's maintenance window to find out, but in the meantime, you might want to check and see what firmware versions you have on your own FCA2101 cards.

To update the FCA2101 card, use the LPUTILNT from within Windows. The boot floppy option offered on the HP site doesn't work. The GUI works very well.

Good luck,
Stuart.
Rocky_8
Regular Advisor

Hi,

Its to my understanding that your backup solution needs to have alle firmware and drivers levels according to the EBS matrix.
In here you will find all levels for the hardware in your solution currently supported.
http://www.hp.com/go/ebs
compatibility and tools.
the matrix from 0704 tells you 5.3.x for brightstore indeed.
The HBA FC2101 needs 3.91a1 firmware and a 5-5.82a16 version driver.
etc etc.
Its worth checking this against your environment.
When asking support, the first thing you will be asked are your levels.

good luck
josemaria cr
Regular Advisor

Wich version of BrightStor? 9? 11? Wich build?

Do not forget to check the compatibility device list of Computer Associates, for the version of fw.

jmc