1752812 Members
6283 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NTBackup Doesn't Mount LTO Cartridge

Ronald W. Satz
Advisor

NTBackup Doesn't Mount LTO Cartridge

My leasing company replaced my Ultrium 460 with a newer model (the switch placement is different and who knows what else). I'm not getting SCSI errors now and NovaBack is working fine. I have XP SP1.

But I have another problem. I haven't used NTBackup in a while. I cannot use InstantRecovery anymore because the 39320 isn't supported. So I'd like to use NTBackup to create an ASR backup. But when I do this I get the error message "The requested media failed to mount. The operation was aborted." I can inject and eject media perfectly; I can check properties perfectly. The mmc says the cartridge is mounted. But NTBackup doesn't see it. So what can be done? As a side question, can a NovaBack tape be used in an ASR restore? I read somewhere that NTBackup can (sometimes) read third-party tapes.

Please e-mail me at transpower@aol.com because I'm not here constantly. Thanks go to David for his past help--but (referring to my last post), in the end, it was indeed a hardware problem, the tape drive itself.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: NTBackup Doesn't Mount LTO Cartridge

Have you looked to see that your media is identified as HCART?
Ronald W. Satz
Advisor

Arnold:

For some reason, a day later NTBackup began to work and has worked. I cannot explain this, but I'm happy nonetheless. The current problem is that the backup is slow, averaging only about 150 MB/min. It should be at least 550 MB/min.
Ronald W. Satz
Advisor

Arnold:

For some reason, a day later NTBackup began to work and has worked since. I cannot explain this, but I'm happy nonetheless. The current problem is that the backup is slow, averaging only about 150 MB/min. It should be at least 550 MB/min.