108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need Sure Store 1/8 Autoloader Documentation

SOLVED
Go to solution
DAVID KNAPP
Occasional Advisor

Need Sure Store 1/8 Autoloader Documentation

Does anyone have a link to the user guide or reference manual for a Sure Store 1/8 autoloader. The model is TH5XA. I have searched the HP site, but could not find any manuals. Thanks for any suggestions.
3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor
Solution

Not sure what you are refering to, the model number you listed is a product code from quantum for a DLT4000. So may be you are speaking about the 418 autoloader?

http://h200001.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/lpg28337/lpg28337.pdf

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Home.jsp?locale=en_US&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=63825тМй=en&cc=us

marino
DAVID KNAPP
Occasional Advisor

Right you are. I actually managed to find what I was looking for about 5 minutes ago on the docs.hp.com site. On the box there is not any indication of what HP actually called it. I had to open it up and scrounge around for something with a model number, and came up with the wrong thing. I wonder why HP did not just put a label on it saying 418. At any rate, thanks for the info.
David Ruska
Honored Contributor

> On the box there is not any indication of what HP actually called it. I had to open it up and scrounge around for something with a model number, and came up with the wrong thing. I wonder why HP did not just put a label on it saying 418. At any rate, thanks for the info.

The 418 was our first 8 slot DLT autoloader, and the front panel only said "HP SureStore Tape Autoloader" (or something close to that). I suspose we weren't thinking at that time that there would be a higher capacity drive that would come along and go into the same product. When we later added the 718 (and the 818) we did add the model number on the front.

The products however do have a unique product number that should be on the serial number label. The 418 was the C6280F, the 718 was C6280L (and some others), etc.
The journey IS the reward.