4052 Online
108781 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Need help with 2 EML E71 Recovery

Litsov
Occasional Advisor

Need help with 2 EML E71 Recovery

I have 2 EML E71 Library.
During the startup my friends do mistake, so that all of them was connected to the same network managment segment(procuve switches).
Then I make cable connections correctly and reboot all of the library.
So one of the library become inoperabale and not manageble through CV TL.
The second library remember interface card of the first EML, and show error that it has problems, I cant remove it.
I can't modify config, I can only safe config then recover it.
I tryed do factory defaults procedure for first EML through console but recive errors:
"rc/EMFIFCReaderWriter.cpp (103): A Soap ETLAUtils::Exception ocurred while comm
unicating with the IM. The error code is 20 error comment: SOAP FAULT:SOAP-ENV:C
lient Connection refused
Detail:TCP connect failed in tcp_connect()"
I recive this errors on all actions.
I will open case in HP support, but I wish to try to resolve problem myself.
4 REPLIES 4
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Hi Litsov,

it is not clear to me what you did at the beginning.
at the moment, you should have two libraries with each a IM and a different IP address
The error you get seems from CVTL, is it correct?

Now you can try to telnet the IM of each libraries and use CLI commands to peform actions, if this work, cancell the EML library in CV and readd it.

Each library should first work as standalone, ( be online and ready) even without CVTL connections.
when the library is up and ready you can start managing it with CV

Marino
Litsov
Occasional Advisor

At the begining the cabling was made incorrectly. The internal dedicated Procurve switches was connected to each other. After power up EMLs with this cabling the first EML beside it own Interface controller see Interface controller of second EML. The status is operational on OCP.
After recabling correctly and rebooting First EML remember that controller was been in system and return error that it unavailable. I need to unregister(remove) from configuration the second interface controller.
For second EML I have run system default command, after that EML not unavailble throug CV TL. Using conscole managment I recieve this errors on all actions.
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

the restore system default, on the IM will also clear the IP address, set first the new IP address of the library, then try a ping / telnet form the CVTL server so you can check if connectivity is ok.
WilliamT
Occasional Visitor

My issue is with an EML 245/103e

After factory default reset I can make no changes and keep getting this error. I also can not change the IP address through CLI.

/>show library info All tape library information Error processing command src/EMFStorageComponentHealthDescriptorReaderWriter.cpp (55): A Soap ETLAUtils::Exception ocurred while communicating with the IM. The error code is 20 error comment: SOAP FAULT:SOAP-ENV:Client Connection refused Detail:TCP connect failed in tcp_connect()