1752720 Members
5520 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Netapp filer w/ ADIC scaler 24 library working with Data Protector 5.1

Sonny Morgan
Occasional Contributor

Netapp filer w/ ADIC scaler 24 library working with Data Protector 5.1

Hey Folks, having a few problems and wondered if someone might be able to help out. I know that my filer sees the library (sysconfig -t) verifies this, but Data Protector is not seeing it. I have the NDMP media agent installed on the server and I can import the filer as a cliet just fine. When I go to add the back up device (via NDMP) I get to the point where you can enter the SCSI ID. There is a drop down list that should autopopulate, but it doesnt and if I manually enter the correct ID (mc0) it seems to take it. I then go to add the drives (nrst0m and 1m) and it seems to go ok. (again the drop down list will not autopopulate). When I do a scan to verify it fails saying that it cannot open the exchanger control device.

Anyone using this product with a filer or can anyone give any ideas?

Thanks
1 REPLY 1
Scott McIntosh_2
Honored Contributor

Re: Netapp filer w/ ADIC scaler 24 library working with Data Protector 5.1

If I'm not mistaken, NDMP robotics commands are passed straight through the NAS device to the robotics device, thus the SCSI CDBs are likely being formed by Data Protector, not the NAS device.

As such, you would likely have to set OB2DBD=1 in the omnirc file of the system defined as the host for the NDMP library.

And you selected SCSI over NDMP as the interface type in the library configuration?

Thanks,
Scott
HP Support