1748213 Members
3025 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

New drive for msl6030 wrong firmware

Erik van Trijp

New drive for msl6030 wrong firmware

Hi,

I have received a spare drive from HP for my msl6030 library. The firmware of the drive in the labrary is 65w/msl, the new drive has 66d/stand alone. How do i downgrade the firmware of the new drive (drive 2 in the msl6030) to the 65w/msl firmware ?
5 REPLIES 5
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Re: New drive for msl6030 wrong firmware

hi,

use the library and tape tools software, it will also help in any future diagnostics required :-

http://h18006.www1.hp.com/products/storageworks/ltt/index.html?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN

hth

Erik van Trijp

Hi,

i tried that of course, but no option to downgrade the firmware...
marsh_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,
You will not be able to force the correct firmware (MSL personality) on the drive, even with a password for HP L&TT. The drive simply will not not accept firmware. You will need to get the drive replaced by HP. The drive you now have has firmware for a standalone drive and it can't be changed outside the factory. Be sure to specify that you need a drive for a MSL 6000 library.
I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Erik van Trijp

mm oke. the drive is indeed replaced by hp, and the service request was made on the msl6030..