108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Old but Good - LTO 9/1 Autoloaders on ML370 G2

SOLVED
Go to solution
John Lamb_1
Advisor

Old but Good - LTO 9/1 Autoloaders on ML370 G2

OK. I struck a problem with having the LTO 9/1s attached to an array controller. It worked OK for years until some other upgrades necessitated a firmware revision. OOPS!
Looks like the firmware upgrade worked too well because now LTT cannot see the drives or robotics any more and neither can Windows.
After reading other experiences here the bottom line is that we should never have been sold this config in the first place.
My question is what should I get to drive the poor old dears now? My first impression is 374654-21, but this is a minefield.
Baaa!
3 REPLIES 3
Marino Meloni_1
Honored Contributor

Re: Old but Good - LTO 9/1 Autoloaders on ML370 G2

9/1 like 2/20 should give you some usefull info fromthe front panel and aslo from the RMI (Remote management interface) if it is not detected anymore from the scsi port.

but there is some point you should investigate:

1- this is not supported attached to a raid controller, so firt step would be to try on a standard scsi controller.
2- there is two differente scsi components on the 1/9, the robotic controller and the tape drive. so even if you kill one of those components during fw upgrade, the second should be seen alone. so try to disconnect scsi cable and attach one at a time, alone on the scsi chain with his terminator, and identify if one or none have failed, or if the problem come fromt the cable.
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor
Solution

The 374654-B21 HBA is a good match for that library.
John Lamb_1
Advisor

Curtis,
374654-B21 is OK for the 9/1 but not supported(?) in ML370 G2?
Only in 133 MHz slots, not 66 MHz?
If not:
Is there such a thing as a supported U320 HBA for the ML370 G2?
Unsupported but works? 3rd party?
Baaa!