New Discussion юеВ

Parts for DLT Autoloader 1/9 LVD

SOLVED
Go to solution
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Parts for DLT Autoloader 1/9 LVD

Hello,

I am compiling a list of parts needed in case a DLT autoloader 1/9 is faulty. I guess I need the following part numbers:

Controller Card LVD
Power Supply

I found the part number for the drive (DLT8000) and the autoloader assembly. I guess with these parts I'll be covered? What exactly is in the autoloader assembly part (C7145-69150)?

Thanks in advance,
Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
4 REPLIES 4
Robert_Jewell
Honored Contributor

Re: Parts for DLT Autoloader 1/9 LVD

From the website, partsurfer.hp.com it looks like the autoloader assby is everything but the drive. So having this, the drive, and the host bus adapter as spares you would be covered.

Check this page out as well as it has docs for your autoloader:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DocumentIndex.jsp?contentType=SupportManual&docIndexName=manuals&locale=en_US&prodTypeId=12169&prodSeriesId=34114&prodSeriesName=hp+surestore+tape+autoloader+1%2F9+series

If it didnt copy well then start here and surf your way: http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/eng/support.htm

-Bob
----------------
Was this helpful? Like this post by giving me a thumbs up below!
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Hello,

By HBA you mean the controller? I know that the autoloader's controller is exactly the same as the libraries' controller, very much like the drive. But I didn't find the part number for the controller in the parts list for the autoloader, whereas I did find it for the drive. I assume that the controller is not an FRU then? Does the controller comes with the autoloader assembly? and the power supply?

Vince
Tape Drives RULE!!!
David Ruska
Honored Contributor
Solution

The controller card and power supply are part of the autoloader assembly, and not an individual FRU (i.e. replaceable part). Thus, they key parts are the drive module and the autoloader assembly sans drive.

The drive modules are identical to those used in the 20/40/60 slot libraries. The controller boards are basically the same too, but they have a different family of firmware, thus the board are not really interchangeable.
The journey IS the reward.
Vincent Farrugia
Honored Contributor

Thank you, case closed.
Tape Drives RULE!!!