6245 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Persistent Binding in Windows2003

shreejesh
Advisor

Persistent Binding in Windows2003

Dear All,

I am having an L80 Tape Library with 2* HP Ultrium LTO-III drives. This library is connected to aSAN switch and zoned to Hosts. In Windows 2003 hosts they are sensed as \\.\Tape0 and \\.\Tape1 along with their WWPN numbers. But after some time when i give the inquire command the drives and the WWPN numbers are seen intechanged. I am having Qlogic HBA cards and Brocade switches. The zoning is proper. How can I can solve this issue as it is coming in 1 or 2 Windows 2K3 hosts and other hosts are working fine? Whether this can be solved using persistent binding? If so, please guide me to do the same.
3 REPLIES 3
VCP2005
Trusted Contributor

Re: Persistent Binding in Windows2003

WWPN should be change, but the dev file for drive will change. Persistent binding need to be done so the SCSI dev file wouldn't be change.

Use lputil for Emulex card or SANsurfer for Qlogic.
shreejesh
Advisor

Dear Liewwk,

I have installed the SANsurfer and the WWN nos of the LVD routers are bound to the Qlogic cards. But still the Tape is getting reversed during reboot. I am attaching the Inquire -l output. In this \\.\Tape0 is WWNN=50060B00005BAF0A (WWN of the first drive in the Library) and \\.\Tape1 is WWNN=50060B00005BAF16 (WWN of the second drive in the Library). This gets reversed in the next reboot. Is there any way to bind between the Tape and the drive WWN no.?
Please update.

Thanks & Regards,
Shreejesh.
VCP2005
Trusted Contributor

http://download.qlogic.com/manual/44151/User_Guide_SANsurferFCHBACLI-B.pdf

pg49

Actual GUI steps need to download the SANsurf and repeat the steps to u