1753317 Members
7047 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem With HP StorageWorks 1/8 Ultrium 232 Autoloader

KOGOE
Advisor

Problem With HP StorageWorks 1/8 Ultrium 232 Autoloader

My server is an HP Proliant DL380 which run on Windows 2000 server and I have a library HP StorageWorks 1/8 Ultrium 232 Autoloader connected to the SCSI port 1 of HP DL380 server. But the problem is that my O.S. Windows 2000 could'nt recognize the Library device. I Try to scan the hardware via HP LTT by no Library/Autoloader device where found.
3 REPLIES 3
Caree
Occasional Advisor

what SCSI adapter are you using? and is both the autoloader and drive being seen on POST? These particular autoloaders require LUN support to be enabled on the SCSI adapter if supported by the adapter. If it is not on only the drive will be detected.
Mila Sojka
Frequent Advisor

Hi.
Caree is right. Autoloaders and libraries reguire LUN support. It looks like you have autoloader connected to SA 5i/6i external port on DL380.

You will need supported SCSI adapter to use full autoloader features. For example 374654-B21(64-Bit/133-MHz Single Channel Ultra320 SCSI HBA).
Jaclyn Rothe
Trusted Contributor

I am unsure of which Generation of Proliant DL380 you have but... all DL380 servers have the same warning about using the onboard/embedded/backplane SCSI port.

Further information on the compatibility of this server is as follows:

http://www.hp.com/products1/storage/compatibility/tapebackup/ISS/Detail/16-0032-0107.html

" The HP ProLiant DL380 G5 does not have a suitable integrated SCSI controller for connecting the HP StorageWorks Ultrium 232 "

So you need a PCI card for this.