4775 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with TL 891 mini library

Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

Problem with TL 891 mini library

Hi Friends,

I m having a problem with a compaq storageworks TL891 minilibrary. it has one drive and its connected to a compaq storage works modular data router.this MDR is connected to my SAN switch to which my Win 2k Server is connected.I m able to see both changer and drive while i do a arcserve 2k setup using device manager. but when i click on autoconfig it gives error there is no tape in changer.if i skip the autoconfig, it shows no media/slot in view when i click on my drive.this server is in a microsoft cluster.i have tried uninstalling and installing arcserver again but no use. i have tried disabling tape drive and changer from win 2k device manager no use. i have tired so many things but no use.pls help

Regs
Satish
2 REPLIES 2
Claudio Ruzza_1
Valued Contributor

is Win2K Removable Storage service disabled?
If not, disable it and retry

Claudio
Satish Kumar_5
Regular Advisor

Hi Ruzza,

i tried disabling removal storage and then installed veritas backup exec 9. it detects and installs both changer and device w/o any error.it even perform the inventory of media inside library but then i try to erase media in devices by right clicking it, shows them all as forein media, all the switches, like erase etc are not avaialble..when i try to take a backup it failed saying no device available for backup. pls help.

regs
Satish