StoreEver Tape Storage
1748256 Members
3876 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Problem with Ultrium 1/8 autoloader - door locked!

Peter A. Sheshukov
Occasional Contributor

Problem with Ultrium 1/8 autoloader - door locked!

Hello. I have another problem with the device. After some time of work it doesn't allow to import new tapes. It writes "the door locked!" on the display. Only turning off/on again solves the problem. Firmware: H43r, E33P. Software: ArcServe 9.01, OS: Netware 5.0. What's wrong?
3 REPLIES 3
Bob_196
Trusted Contributor

If you are trying to import/export a tape and you get the message 'Door Locked', however you can import/export a tape no problem once you stop the Backup Exec services, here's how to resolve the issue. Right-click on the autoloader on the Devices tab in Backup Exec, and select the Unlock option. Apparently this is a 'security' feature in Backup Exec, and when you unlock the device you can import/export to your heart's content!
Curtis Ballard
Honored Contributor

Sorry about the trouble but the previous poster is correct. This is something Backup Exec is doing and for some reason they have been unwilling to change that. The only workaround I have found is the unlock option suggested by the previous poster.

I don't use BE so it's been a while since I tried it, but I think that you need to unlock the door through Backup Exec and then run the export function in Backup Exec. As I recall if you do the export and then the unlock BE never recognized the export job as complete.
Peter A. Sheshukov
Occasional Contributor

Thank you for the replies. But we are using ARCServe, not Backup Exec. And I haven't found such an option there. Could you please explain?